Monday - Friday: 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
K - 6 Hours Monday - Friday: 9:05 a.m. - 4:05 p.m.
Preschool Hours Monday - Friday: 9:05 a.m. - 4:05 p.m.
SAAC Hours Monday - Friday: 7:00 a.m. - 6:15 p.m.
Kindergarten - 6th Grade - 9:20 a.m. - 2:05 p.m.
See FCPS schedule for scheduled Two-Hour Early Release Days
In the event of an emergency, such as extreme heat, cold or snow, the Division Superintendent may decide to:
- Close schools for the day
- Open schools two hours late
- Close schools two hours early.
All emergency closings and delayed openings shall be announced in the following ways:
- Listed on the Fairfax County Public Schools website: www.fcps.edu.
- Sent by electronic mail (e-mail).
- Carried on the division’s public access channel, Cox Cable Channel 21.
- Closings and delayed openings are provided to local radio and television stations no later than 5:30 a.m.
- Early closings are provided to local stations no later than 10:30 a.m.
All schools shall be closed for the day.
Extracurricular activities, interscholastic contests, team practices, field trips, adult and community education classes, and recreation programs in school and on school grounds are canceled.
All offices are open unless the closing of offices is specified.
- Students in grades K-6 shall report two hours later than their regular schedule.
- Morning field trips are canceled.
- Morning preschool classes (special education) shall be canceled. Afternoon preschool start on their normal schedule.
- All offices are open unless the closing of offices is specified.
With any delayed opening, the buses will arrive to pick up the students two hours later than the regularly scheduled time.
All students shall be dismissed two hours early.
- Students in grades K-6 will be dismissed two hours early.
- Morning preschool classes are dismissed at approximately 11:30 a.m.
- Afternoon preschool classes are canceled.
- Field trips are canceled.
- Students attend school from home virtually
- All elementary schools in FCPS following the same bell schedule
- School hours will be 10:30 a.m. – 3:15 p.m.
- School starts promptly at 10:30 a.m. and teachers will take attendance.
- Students will log off the computers for lunch and recess
- All of our students have learned how to log into Schoology and join Zoom. If you need help, please access the Schoology Parent Course here (you will need to log in) and there are resources posted to help you.